Monday, April 20, 2009

Ralph's St. Baldricks Fundraising Results

I had intended to put this information in the last Relevant Issue, but it fell through the cracks in my focus on transitioning to this blog.

Thank you to all who supported me in the St. Baldrick's Day Fundraiser. Together, we raised over $1,000 for children's cancer research. I took my children and I was wondering if they really understood what this was about.

Well, I got my answer to that a couple weeks ago. Without my fully knowing what they were going to do, my children got several neighborhood children together. All of them then walked the neighborhood asking for donations to help with the hospital bills for a neighbor they all knew had just had a major surgery. They raised about $18 in change. Although we did have a talk about when/how it is appropriate to ask for money, I was so very proud that they got the main message. People get sick and often there is nothing they can do about that and they need some help to get through it.

So your donations are also passing on lessons of generosity to the next generation.

For those interested, here is a link to a movie presentation I put together to show the highlights of my experience at the St. Baldrick's day event.

http://www.polygraphplace.com/st_baldricks/

Thanks again,

Ralph Hilliard

No comments:

Post a Comment