Thursday, June 11, 2009

Is the Sacrifice Relevant...Relevant?

While attending a recent Georgia Polygraph Association meeting, some discussion was sparked on just exactly what the Sacrifice Relevant question is supposed to do versus what it really does... if anything. There were different opinions and the usual 'Well I heard...' type comments including one from myself that I could not substantiate. So I posed the question on the Examiner's Private Forums and there were more varied opinions. Then I got an email from Dr. Frank Horvath with his 1994 study on just this subject. With permission, I am re-publishing this study which was originally published in the APA Journal. For those who just want to get to the 'So what does all this mean?' part, you can skip to the "Discussion" section near the bottom of the study.

The Value and Effectiveness of the Sacrifice Relevant Question: An Empirical Assessment - PDF(1.1M)

No comments:

Post a Comment