Friday, July 3, 2009

Polygraph in the News - 7/3/2009

The following are article(s) in which Polygraph is playing an important role in the World. (Article descriptions are mine)

** Please note that many news sources archive/move their articles after a certain period of time. If a story link no longer works, this may be what happened.


  • Survivor contestant Benjamin 'Coach' Wade tells his side of the story and part of that story involves his polygraph test that was announced live on the final Survivor Episode as being conducted by John Grogan. Below is a quote from Coach Wade as printed by Reality TV Magazine. Full article link is below this excerpt and it is worth reading the entire section in that article under the sub-heading 'The Lie Detector Test'.
    “My manager and a couple of my advisers were like, ‘Take your own lie detector test.’ So I did. Passed it three times. Took it three times, passed it with video and without. Two different days with a .01 deception. I felt real solid about it. I even asked the guy that gave it to me, ‘I’m going to take the CBS test.’ And he said, ‘No.’ And I was like, ‘What do you mean no?’ And he was like, ‘If the studio tells me to give a failed result I have to do it.’
    http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2009/06/23/exclusive-survivor-coach-argues-his-case/

  • Florida resident Jerry Cooper (pictured below with examiner Mike Alaiwat) passes polygraph test confirming beatings he received as a 'White House Boy' in 1960. (As a side note, there is an 8 minute video clip of the deposition of Troy Tidwell, one of the men accused of the beatings. It is an interesting study in body language. You'll find the video about halfway down the page in the article link) Photograph by Edmund D. Fountain - Times
    http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article1015532.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment