Monday, August 17, 2009

Polygraph in the News - 8/17/2009

The following are article(s) in which Polygraph is playing an important role in the World. (Article descriptions are mine)

** Please note that many news sources archive/move their articles after a certain period of time. If a story link no longer works, this may be what happened.


  • The following video does not concern polygraph directly, however, it appears that Polygraph is possibly being used in the Phillipines by Kentucky Fried Chicken as part of a way to eliminate long time employees and hire new 'contractual' employees, on whom the company is not required to pay benefits. If anyone has info on what appears to be large scale polygraph testing in the Phillipines, please comment below the news area with any insights. (The video is not in English, but someone has helpfully included English Annotations on the video so you can follow the story)


3 comments:

  1. I have received email twice now from an outfit in the PI called "EyeSpy Detectives and Investigators" wanting to purchase analog polygraph instruments for students. Their email address is "eyespy@philippinesdetectives.com". I ignored the first, but when I received the second I asked who they were and who they were training. I further informed them that there might be export controls they may need to comply with. I have not received a response to my email. I suspect this is not a legitimate request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have received numerous requests from EyeSpy Detgectives in the Philippines. They think they dcan circumvent the State Department export license by having the instruments shipped to New York. I susoect they then resnd them overeseas. I usually forward their request to Lafayette Instrument's international representative to have it addressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know our current stance on the exporting of polygraph to the phillipines? Actually my real question is...is there a list of approved or not approved countries?

    ReplyDelete